Criminal Street Gangs
Why Hire a Gang Expert Witness?
Many juries do not understand the culture of gangs and the psychological implications of being involved. A gang expert can help. Clarity to an emotional topic which has been stereotyped in the media is most essential to your case. The role of an expert witness in the criminal justice system has been defined as a person who has some special training or experience in a criminal behavioral area and can help the judge, lawyers and the jury arrive at the truth in the judicial process (Yablonsky). As an gang expert witness I serve as an independent, neutral party who testifies on the facts of the case. The role of the gang expert is to educate the jury, in layman’s terms, about gang life, gang history, gang culture, gang violence, gang hierarchy, gang laws, gang customs and the psychology of being in a gang.
First hand experience counseling gang members, being in urban housing projects and working in urban school settings with gang members is brought to the stand.
As a gang expert witness I am impartial to the facts. Although I can be hired by either the defense or prosecution, I will professionally administer my opinion in an unbiased, fair and clear manner.
Professional Services Provided Nationally:
• Expert Witness Testimony- Street Gangs
• Review of Documents/Evidence
• Written Reports for Court or Attorneys
• Mental Health Evaluations (available nationally – Read more here)
• Graffiti Deciphering
• Attorney Consultation
• Yale University Law School – Jerome Frank Legal Services Organization
• American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
• Habeas Corpus Defense Unit
• Office of the Public Defender (numerous locations nationwide)
• Office of the Federal Public Defender
• United States Marshall Service
Cases worked on have included: gang enhancements, gang injunctions, gang hierarchy, gang-related drug distribution, hip-hop music, mitigating factors in sentencing, death row habeas, life without parole habeas, and “G-checking” (is this client really what he says he is?)
• We only accept cases in which we feel qualified and in which we can assist.
• You will receive a high degree of communication and information.
• We respect the confidence you place in us and work in a professional, organized, and ethical manner.
• You will be kept informed regarding our progress, questions we may have of you or your client, and billing.
• References are Provided Upon Your Request.
Specializing in historically African-American gangs – Crip sets, Blood sets, GDs. Please telephone or email to discuss how hiring a gang expert witness for your case will help you.